Monday, 26 March 2012

Filthy Daily Life

It's all about dirt right now - with all the rain, the soil is nice and diggable, so I'm clearing & levelling all around the house before starting the onslaught of the outside painting job. In a couple of days the dirt will be like concrete again, tough enough to break the shovel.

The chooks are doing an amazing job decimating the insects! I haven't had any plagues for days now, although I did find a "small" tarantula-like hideous lurking thing in the grass.

They are bringing solar power to Meeka! Iain the solar power guy turned up with some info and I think I'll go for it. We get these brilliant subsidies that bring the normally $15,000 system down to $5000 and it pretty much wipes out your power bill forever.

That's all I have to say for myself today - it's just dig dig dig work work work paint paint paint. Here are some photos from this morning.


Major Mitchell cockatoos resting on power lines near my place

More road trains, more mining dongers

Gary on his way to work with his sausage sandwiches

Barry's sulking moron asshole kid ginging the old Flying Doctor
historic building - again

Chook house, day 3

The Royal Flying Doctor

The old outdoor cinema and the outback

No comments:

Post a Comment