Saturday, 17 March 2012

Start Of The Ice Age

For the first time in a year I have turned on a heater!!!!   Because it's 18 degrees!!!   18!!!!!!!!!

18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S SO COLD. Where in god's name did I store the socks? How are we going to survive??

The cyclone is destroying the Pilbara coast as I write - thank goodness the eye of it is only hitting Pardoo Station so hopefully they're all strapped down in the basement with their chooks watching the cattle fly past. The TV news coverage is disappointingly lacking in live webcam type footage of trees being torn out of the ground and people saying "Oh my gawd! Jim come and look at this!" But Broome has a webcam on Cable Beach which I am just about to look at again - http://broomecam.info/

Gary made it back this morning, all hairy & smelling like a feral boar (mmmmm....) - the Alchemy mining guys he was working with at Peak Hill got evacuated. I must have a hell of a kick-ass guardian angel answering my little hope for rain to bring Gaz back to town for the week - take a chill pill angel! You don't need to wipe out half the state! But thank you. He's being totally blase about the cyclone. "Seen it all before. We'll just get some rain." We'll see how blase he is when the supermarket runs dry and he starts gettin' hungry. Heh heh heh. He is completely hopeless about dates and has said happy birthday to me today and also on Thursday (I think he's really, really tired). I sent him home to do his washing & have a sleep while I get on with renovating.

Well, time to get back to work, if I can chip the ice off the tools.

Smokey is ready for the cyclone

Two honeyeaters visiting the pond

Riveting webcam footage of the cyclone hitting Broome

No comments:

Post a Comment