Thursday, 22 March 2012

Cat Vs Chicken - Total Fail

Poor Smokey! He was having a lovely snooze in his tank house when Ethel decided she wanted to go in and lay an egg. She harrassed him all morning, marching back and forth in front of his sanctuary, squawking up a storm. He wouldn't budge, so she jumped up on the roof of it and squawked down the centre hole at him! I was in stitches. Then she full-fronted him and Smokey leaped out & biffed her, then went back to his spot. Ethel was outraged. It went on like this all morning while I was painting, then finally Smokey couldn't take any more and stalked off to lie in the sun, pretending not to care.

Ethel promptly scurried in and settled herself with satisfied chook noises, laid her egg, then walked out again. When I looked in, there were three eggs - so Smokey has been lying on her eggs for two days! It's too funny. I got a couple of photos which I'll add later, I was covered in paint & didn't want to sully my beautiful new camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment