Today I built a proper chook house. It is possibly the best chook house in the world. If you look carefully, you can see it has a little chandelier inside. The chickens hovered around me all day watching me build it, and are trying to work up the nerve to get into it!
Gary popped round after work and screwed the tin roof on for me - he wanted to take me out for my belated birthday dinner but we were both filthy and tired so I said next Friday would be the go. He's working crazy long days and is practically staggering, it's nuts! Normal girlfriend services are suspended until birthday amends are made, but we have a cup of tea when he finishes work, then he does a bit of helping around the house and then I send him home.
He and Gubby are grading the Wiluna road, so tomorrow I'm going to drive out to them and take photos,
they're working about 50 km out of town so it should be interesting. Yesterday while they were working, Gubby rescued a young bungarra which had got its head stuck in a tin can! Lucky lizard.
Next project: the dog house. It will have its own pool and rooftop viewing platform.

No comments:
Post a Comment