Tuesday, 6 March 2012

In Which Not Much Happens

Well apart from the usual hilariously bewildering conversations with the folks at the aged care hostel there's not to much to report! Gary is STILL out in the bush, he must be going out of his mind - the mining companies are in a frenzy of new drilling & getting camps & production support gear in (looking forward to my stocks going berserk later in the year), so the heavy machinery hire company he works for is flat out. I may have to get a second back-up boyfriend.

House prices are up already and people are screaming for rentals. I'm just working hard on getting my place done, I'm about halfway through the house now. Waiting on uniforms to arrive for fire & rescue and to find out when this year's courses will start, thinking about writing something for the local paper, waiting for the weather to cool down a little so I can start the bus refit for the coming year...so I am being very very boring at the moment. I'm sure something ridiculous will happen now that I've said that.

The mudlark who's been visiting the pond arrived yesterday with its entire family; they all turn up just before sunset and go mad in the pond, it's so funny. The latest insect thing is stick insects! They're amazing! Some of them are a foot long, a brownish colour and yes they just look like a bunch of twigs, sadly they don't photograph well. At least they stay OUTSIDE.

I am struggling not to adopt dozens of pets - every time I do the Mystery Meals On Wheels run (pray I never come to your house - the food is shocking), I come across houses where people have kittens, cats and dogs wandering around totally uncared for, riddled with ticks, mangy, wormy and sick. I just want to take a first aid kit around and at least start pulling ticks out or something. Why can't people see that their kids and pets need medical attention? So many of the little aboriginal kids have terrible scars on their faces and arms from household burns and god knows what. Where do you start? Do you even try?

No comments:

Post a Comment