Well I think I have an almost-perfect lifestyle going here - two or three days a week working at the hostel earns me more than I need, I have a tip full of free Bunnings items two minutes down the road and plenty of selfish personal fun time to do creative things with the house & garden, half an acre of empty wasteland in my backyard in which to visualise insane building projects, a nice boyfriend who's not around too much, loyal dogs, a Zen Master cat, two chooks who make nice clucky noises in the background, and endless miles of outback to explore whenever I like. Perfection would be to have all my family & friends here too! I will soon have a guest bedroom, so drop on by anytime!
Today I decided to sweat out the last of the cholera or whatever it was and work on the bathroom. My Indian bean trees, lavender plants and climbing nasturtiums arrived today (I ordered them on the internet! They got here alive!) so I think I'll have to save Peak Hill for next week while I get them planted & watered in. Other exciting postal arrivals included my formal cocktail-hour shoes (essential wear for Meetings Of The Grand Imperial Heffalumps Stepford Wives Auxiliary Sandwich Brigade) and a pair of lamps. Even with shipping to Meeka, stuff is cheaper on the internet than getting it from Geraldton.
I've pretty much stopped watching TV, so I am in a pleasant state of complete ignorance about what is going on outside Meekatharra. If I need news, I can go to the pub, or watch the carnage at the pensioners' flats. They were burning something up there this evening, god knows what. Maybe it was Roast Chihuahua Night, or they finally got round to cookin' up that old liver in the back yard.
Featured Insect Of The Week is praying mantises (mantii?). Yep, big ones. Gosh I'm just so looking forward to whatever the next insect plague will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment