Monday, 19 December 2011

Help Arrives

Now I have to apologise to my mum in advance for this extremely politically incorrect post, but unfortunately there is far too much feminine excitement in the fan club regarding the (sorry mum) TOTALLY HOT tall black Scottish fire brigade captain. Here, by popular demand, are some photos. Dream away, gals (sorry mum) - six foot four, happy to hack his way through a raging inferno in full breathing apparatus and carry you over his shoulder (sigh) to safety. "Och, tis nothing, wee hen!" I can imagine Elizabeth scribbling away like mad on her next romantic comedy as we speak...

Anyway, there's nothin' like that goin' on at my end, he's here to work but I'm happy to provide you gals (sorry mum) with some vicarious daydreaming fun. Lastly, to add to Cameron's hotness (sorry mum) factor, his brown-ness comes from being (try to contol yourselves now gals) part Romano Gypsy (many of you are probably now frantically fanning your heaving bosoms with your mortgage statements and hyperventilating).

So today Cameron did some angle grinding in the new master bedroom (easy there gals) (sorry mum) and got the archway out, yay. He was horrified at my painting technique ("Och! Ye nae paint like that! Straight lines woman! Straight lines!") and took over that as well while I went to the hardware shop where there was much sniggering idiot joking when I asked for "rooting compound" for my bougainvillea cuttings ("rooting" has a sexual connotation in Australia). I got bonus points for saying "I need something that will root anything" and we got quite a lot of mileage out of it as you can imagine (this could go some way to explaining my horrible propensity for picking up large rough-head biker types).

Hyperventilating aside, we had a productive morning with lots of laughs & got the rest of the job planned out, thank god. I should be able to move into the cool room by the end of the week.

There he is

At this point I said it would be ironic if the fire brigade captain
set fire to my house

A "ta-ta" lizard which popped out of the wall while welding -
too small to go on the barbecue, so I set it free

Cameron in his home-made devil-skull welding mask (!!)

1 comment: