Sunday, 18 December 2011

Revenge Of The Rainbow Serpent

Ha! My first run in with feral aboriginal kids - mid afternoon, bus parked in the driveway, door unlocked because I was unloading some things. In the house, Honey went mental and I looked up to see a bunch of little kids running from the gate, carrying something - jeez they're quick little buggers! But not smart. And not fast enough. I hopped on my bike and Honey & I set off in pursuit; they panicked & tried to hide whatever they'd stolen under a culvert (thirty metres from me, idiots). It was my laundry spare change tin; popped it in the bike basket and kept huntin'.

Got them halfway up the hill in the bushland; the oldest was about ten, the littlest ones were about five. Snot pouring out of noses, ragged & filthy. Instead of shouting at them, I stood about fifty feet away and made an improvised scary evil eye curse hand gesture at them, which freaked them completely; they all starting pointing at each other. "It was 'im, he did it!". I walked up slowly and said, "My boyfriend is an aboriginal policeman and an elder in Newman. He is Weeli Wolli People. He knows who you are." I pointed at each one of them; their eyes were bugging out of their heads. "If you come on to our property again, he will call on Rainbow Serpent." The little boys looked like they were going to pass out. I was really enjoying myself.

"Do you know what self respect and dignity are?" I said sternly. They shook their heads. "It is not stealing from people. It is standing up and being a proper man. Stealing is not the way of your people! I am very disappointed to see aboriginal kids breaking Law."  They were totally bug-eyed now and I headed off. "Remember - Rainbow Serpent is watching!"

So they'll probably be back tonight to set fire to the house or something. Damn! Wish I'd kept that old ammo after all. Still, you can work wonders with a 500 watt spotlight and a home-made speargun. I'm going to dress up like Rainbow Serpent and hide in the bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment