Wednesday, 21 December 2011

It's So Hot...

• The water from the "cold" tap is hot enough to get the grease off the dishes
• My bike seat burned my ass through my jeans
• All the heat sensors in the hospital ceilings are set at 80 Celsius and are going off
• The town was placed on "Serious Fire Risk" alert this morning
• The main street is literally melting underfoot








I got the small bedroom done this morning; the air conditioner is running full blast.
You know when we have those heat waves in Melbourne and you ride it out for a
few days because you know the cool change is coming? Our cool change will be in
a few MONTHS. Today most shops closed at about noon and the street is empty.
I found a cockroach pathetically trying to get into the fridge; I almost felt sorry for it,
just before I smashed it with the hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment