Sunday, 18 December 2011

Tornado!

Holy cow! I mean rainbow serpent! What an action packed day. While I was painting in the cool room, a willy-willy (mini tornado) rampaged down one side of the house and back up the other! It looked exactly like the Tasmanian Devil in the Bugs Bunny cartoons and it was savage - I have the house doors leaning against the fence with an old queen size mattress base holding them down, and it tossed the base and one of the doors thirty feet into the back yard like helpless prawns in a raging sea.

Thank goodness Honey was inside or I'd be out searching the treetops for an airborne chihuahua. Freaky! It tossed a heap of dirt, twigs and panicking insects into The Pooool; twenty seconds of mayhem and it was gone. It sounded like a road train.

Could it be the Rainbow Serpent exacting penance for my flippant use of its Name? Like, chill out serpent, whatEVER, dude.

Suggestions for Rainbow Serpent Scare Tactics are flooding in. Highlights include: creating a "haunted" park in the empty block next to my place, which the kids have to pass on their way into town heh heh heh. Another very good suggestion is amplifying bowel-loosening horror sounds (iTunes) via a length of PVC pipe I found at the tip, and the inclusion of stilts into my Rainbow Serpent costume so that I can lurch twelve feet high out of the bushes with Honey attached to my shoulder like a second (barking) head. No, the heat isn't getting to me, whatever gave you that idea?

This isn't my photo (isn't google fantastic?) but that's what the
willy-willy looked like as it went berserk around the house -
turn the picture sideways and you can make out the face of a rainbow serpent

No comments:

Post a Comment