Tuesday, 27 December 2011

The Natives Are Revolting

I hope I can focus on meeting decent aboriginal people in town, because it sure is hard not to start feeling like a redneck racist with some of the stuff that goes on.

I noticed that Boy limps at times and asked Cameron about it; as a puppy, Boy was living with an aboriginal family. To punish him for something, the mother hit him in the leg - with an iron bar. It's a permanent injury. I want to find out who they were and do the same to them. Jesus christ. They are awful to their dogs. No wonder he followed Cam home. He's very attached to me now and goes for bike rides off leash. We've started locking both dogs out of the room at night now because they are so soppy and just want to smother us with licking and galumphing about on the bed like fools.

Yesterday afternoon, just before sunset, poor old Kev got bashed up by 3 aboriginal guys - he was walking back from the pub with some cold beers and they mugged him for the beer. Broken ribs. The police got there quick and arrested them, but isn't it awful. I feel safe at my place and generally the only real problem in town is burglaries & vandalism, but I am being careful. Good thing I've got the Veterans Royal Order Of The Enraged Heavily Armed Grand Buffalo Home Guard on call! Jesus. Gary and the guys are great about making sure I get driven to and from places at night & they make sure I'm indoors before they drive off. It seems to be the blokes that get into fights and things; I'm not going to let it turn me into a home-bound hermit.

But why does the government keep pouring money into these people?

No comments:

Post a Comment