An exhausting morning selecting colour sample cards for the house's exterior paint. The problem is that I make selections based on how amusing or whimsical the colour name is rather than the actual colour - how can anyone resist "Mexican Madness" or "Hullaballoo"? I managed to get a grip and chose "Inca Trail" with a trim of "Monument" (ochre and charcoal). I would like a job being the person who comes up with the paint colour names, perhaps bringing out a range with names that more clearly identify the purpose for which you need the paint. "Unidentifiable Dog Mess", "Slattern", "Bathroom Hair", "Dismal Laundry", "Careless Tenant" and "Angry Compromise" could form the Rental Renovator Range.
With most of the house-prep shopping out of the way, I went and had a delicious home-made salmon dinner with Rose the glamorous pathologist I met on the Cannibal Tour. I knew I would like Rose when she summed up her 4WD truck rollover in the outback with "It was terrible, I broke most of my nails!". She has an enormous house on the hill overlooking the sea where she lives with her goofball Labrador, Ebony, so we had a nice evening playing with the dogs (Smokey stayed in the bus). She moved to Australia from New York around the same time I emigrated, and has only been in Geraldton a short while. Like me I think she enjoyed spending an evening with someone whose social skills did not consist solely of belching, farting, swearing and urinating loudly in the back yard, so we'll probably catch up again some time for some snorkelling and stuff.
![]() |
| Rose - "I'm a medical scientist, not a photographer - how do you get these things to focus or whatever?" |

No comments:
Post a Comment