On my way back up to Meekatharra today. Jerry came round the other evening to the Batavia Coast ("Tastes Just Like Pork") Caravan Park en route to his campout at some guy's farm; brought me a couple of punnets of the most beautiful sweet strawberries & I cooked him the worst BBQ steak dinner of all time (we think that although it was labelled "scotch fillet" it was probably "old horse"). Stinking hot night, so after he left I dragged my swag out to sleep under the stars, nibbled occasionally by insects.
It was 37 Celsius in Geraldton, so god knows what it is out here (currently sitting at the park in Mount Magnet, "Home of Umm...Ahh...Bugger All"). Smokey looks like furry melted cheese draped over the end of my desk. I have the mini air conditioner blowing on him and a wet towel for Honey. Fortunately the bus has tinted windows so no one can tell that I'm driving in the nude with a damp tea towel on my head. Next rest stop: Cue, where they have this fantastic little water park, which is kind of a tiny playground with sprinklers.
The tenant at the house is buggerising around! Wants another extension! I said no, sorry, get OUT. Oh well, if they stuff around it's the owner's problem, no house sale & I'll be off to cooler climes. Or the owner can pay for my accommodation at Meeka while we wait for the silly tenant to get her stuff out of the house. Unfortunately about the only accommodation available is: my bus. I have a proper air con unit that I can plug in at least.
Anyway what a boring blog. I'm sure there will be lots of gossip & mayhem to write about once I get back to Meeka...I wonder who's got those sirloin strips now?
No comments:
Post a Comment