A respite from the sub-tropical storms: blue skies and light breezes, about 30 degrees, lovely. When we're not in the thick of the missing meat conspiracy theories, we're packing for a 3 day trip to Geraldton to buy a fridge & supplies. I went to the gorgeous little local pool for a swim and had a ball playing with all the aboriginal kids who were there. Claire & Alkira, about ten years old, were keen to have swimming races with me (they won) and I impressed them with my bombie off the diving board ("do it again miss!"). They were very curious about me and we had a long dog paddling conversation about where I was from, where Canada is, was I worried about my earrings getting wet, and that you should have a sleep in the afternoons when it's hot.
Atlas has settled in well and you can tell he's becoming a happy dog, woofling at us and burying his head in our laps for an ear scratch. If we leave the car doors open he gets in. "Don't leave without me!". Sometimes he goes over to Brian's place to visit Jedda & Pom (dogs) and we have to go get him. Everyone has started calling him "Horse". Why anyone thought he was a suitable guard dog is beyond me. I want to put a sign out the front that says "Caution - Guard Dogs Sleeping or Unconscious on Property". The minute Ian gets out of bed both dogs get in and slump up against me like sacks of potatoes, snuffling, groaning and farting.
Looking forward to Geraldton and the ocean, also the giant asteroid which arrives Wednesday. Hopefully there will be enough time to get in a couple more blogs before it destroys the planet, if I'm not busy watching the devastation on Foxtel.
No comments:
Post a Comment