Well I'm in Cue again, this time with the bus, Honey and Smokey, and heading off tomorrow for Horrocks Beach until house settlement time. Poor Ian's been feeling really unwell, not wanting to go to the doctor, getting cross at everyone, won't talk about it etc, so I decided to back off & let him have some space on his own (Atlas is keeping him company). I've only known him for six weeks, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. His mate Sunshine is trying to get him to see a doctor & calm down. I have a few women friends in Meeka now and they were very supportive. I'm sure it's a common story with WA blokes - it's all good until all the beer drinking finally catches up with the mind & body.
Anyway, I'm fine, the animals are fine, and it's nice to be "at home" in the bus again. All the fridges etc that I got in Geraldton arrived in a massive huge truck yesterday & are safely stored at Brian's shed thanks to the help of several blokes who just seemed to magically appear to help us, so now I can enjoy some sea breezes and goof-off time before moving back to work on the house.
Right now it is about 79 hundred degrees; I'm set up in the shade at the Cue caravan park, which is under repair & has no toilets, showers etc, so in effect I have just paid $11 for a patch of ground. But I have the air cooler & fans going and the bus shower is excellent as long as you don't mind not being able to move your arms more than two inches from your body (washing is best achieved by squirting soap on the walls & sort of jiggling up and down against the textured lino surface). There are two people nearby in some kind of insane futuristic popout/slide-out/flip-top caravan, sitting in their deck chairs with stunned "WTF are we doing in this godforsaken baking desert hovel" looks on their faces. Tomorrow's drive will take me cross-country (paved road this time) to the coast, better charge up my CB walkie talkie for some truckin' fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment