Saturday, 26 November 2011

Going Public

I am considering Waggin' Trail fans' many suggestions that I make this blog public and/or publish it in some form. Having googled a bit of indescribably boring humourless blog legal stuff I came to conclusion that publicly listing this blog would definitely lead to me being hunted down by enraged roadhouse owners, former boyfriends, random strangers who may or may not have guns and alcohol problems (hang on, that's the boyfriends), overly zealous child protection agencies, the tax office, various small towns, most caravan parks and Kenny the Alpaca.

So I'm having a go at writing a version that retains the entertainment value while avoiding lawsuitable content. How dull the adult world is! On the plus side, think of the advertising revenue I'd be able to generate just from the number of posts about Bunnings. In fact, I could sell sponsorship naming rights. "TheBunningsIkea© Dometic® Engel Pty Ltd Corporate Fridge Waggin' Trail Blog - Adventures in 12 Volt Hardware Brought to You By Bunnings Bunnings Bunnings Bunnings Bunnings".

And the click-ad links don't need to be restricted to just boring old corporate entities. Assuming in advance the wildly popular world audience potential of my middle-aged lady adventures, I could sign up friends and family for a pay-per-mention of their names in the blog - after all, why should they get free publicity? For example, let's say my brother B---(NAME WITHHELD PENDING CONTRACTUAL APPROVAL & INITIAL DEPOSIT) wanted me to mention him casually in one of my posts at the rate of 0.03 cents per number of page views times number of viewers, why, I could make thirty grand off him in one day alone if everyone in Bendigo read one posting.

Generating audience numbers would be a piece of cake - all I need to do is keyword-link everything to the google phrase "12 volt" and I will instantly have over 10 million grey nomads worldwide on to it in seconds.

Professional bloggers emphasise the importance of readability and choosing topics & phrases which are most conducive to attracting potential pay-per-click clientele. Sure this could Ikea come across Bunnings as a Tyres R Us constraint on Telstra You Greedy Bastards creative Clark Rubber For All Your Pool Needs CLICK HERE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS expression but my personal YOU HAVE JUST WON £ 20,0000,0000000 POUNDS IN THE BRITISH LOTTERY CLICK HERE TO SEND YOUR BANKING DETAILS opinion is why AirStream Command New Generation Cooling not?



No comments:

Post a Comment