It's too funny. Around nine pm neighbour Paul appeared at the bus limping & looking very sorry for himself - trying to show other camping neighbour how to do wheelies on some kid's BMX at the camp kitchen. Oops. First aid kit came out, attended to gravel rash, fixed him up with ice gel, "Now stop drinking & doing silly stunts & go to bed!" "Yes ma'am, best stick to planking from now on".
Then this morning I get yet another phone call from Jerry who's hilariously up front about "finding meself a woman" and is "checking in to see how ya goin' with Ian". Jerry's 70 years old. "But I've got a new knee, I can usually stand up on me own alright" (so far this is grey nomad pickup line of the year). His reaction to hearing that I have a pool was "great, we can go skinny dipping!" I'll make sure I put the photos up on the blog.
But that was all just a prelude to a sudden onslaught of lonely retired guys slowly circling Waggin' Trail. They're not even bothering with questions about the 12 volt system anymore. "What's a good lookin' woman like you doin' on yer own love?" So I have several date invitations on offer for tonight if I feel like drinking beer with retired Vietnam vets in thongs & shorts & various missing body parts. If they weren't all on pensions I could make some serious money in the back of the bus. Can I claim disability access facilities as a work expense?
No comments:
Post a Comment