Looks like another week at the Batavia Coast ("Long Pig Our Specialty") Caravan Park due to the tenant at the Meeka house being delayed (they've only had three months to get ready to move out). Anyway it gave me a chance to meet Liz the real estate agent who's a good egg & very production managerish, so I got plenty of gossip & tips from her ("If you need a tradie, just go to the pub"). She laughed at me being single in Meeka ("You'll be fighting them off with sticks" "I already am, Liz"). The chemist is trying to set up business in Meeka but can't find accommodation; maybe I can rent him the shed. Think of all the prescription drug samples we could have fun with!
Gossip from Meeka is that Ian has left town, still grumpy. Even his friends think I did the right thing by leaving. Deep down feeling: a bit sad, but mainly relief. I will miss Atlas! But Ian loves him & I know he'll at least take good care of the dog. On the upside, I am catching up on sleep now that I don't have a snoring bloke having noisy nightmares on one side and a large farting snoring dog on the other (just a small one).
Oh my god have to interrupt this post, my caravan park neighbour Paul is going to use my ladder to plank next to the bus!
No comments:
Post a Comment