Still here at the Batavia Coast ("Try Our Children's Menu - While Supplies Last") Caravan Park waiting on confirmed settlement/move-in date for the house, but at least I've got lots of help lined up - at last count I have Sunshine, Damien, Jason, Brian, Kevin, Greg, Andy, Jerry and some guy I think called Scotty from the pub ("we'll look after ya love"). So I went to Bunnings this morning and bought a large cheap portable BBQ because the payment terms will generally be Meat and Beer. Jerry tried to weasel in with pre-payment naughty terms ("ah have you got a spare bed in your bus heh heh...?") but I firmly indicated that the only fresh meat he'll be getting is scotch fillet.
The featured skill set of this group, as far as I can ascertain is: one bad back, one recent knee replacement, one recently released from psychiatric hospital, another just out of jail, one who is "easily confused but should be all right with painting and stuff", one who never stops talking, and one with a bulldozer. So it's an accurate cross-section of the Meekatharra male demographic; it's good to know that the 24 hour police station & lockup is just across the road from my house. I should be safe there while the blokes are working.
No comments:
Post a Comment