The pool. What can I say. It's beyond my wildest inflatable pool dreams. The Pool. THE POOL. I am someone with a swimming pool! I promise to post photos tonight, there's just too much going on. The pool is so incredibly awesomely fantastic that I am renovating in my tankini so I can just throw myself into its coolth at whim. Today: sawed up old fence to make privacy / wind screen thing out the back, then spent approximately 47 hours assembling a metal shelf kit. "Put 4 bolts in but do not put 2 of them like the diagram until Step 5, see Step 3".
Ordered a gas tank this morning; I was on my bike and Mick from the mines came in to buy petrol & very kindly took the tank down to the house in his ute for me. Darcy who runs the BP station pumped up the dog buggy tyres and introduced me to Bruno the guard dog. Darcy used to run the outdoor cinema but closed it down because people were acting too wild & smashing things up (what kind of movies was he showing???).
Everyone is so helpful & welcoming! The bus is officially famous, people are using it as a landmark (!!). The blokes at the hardware store were much amused at me managing to get a rake and a garden fork on to the dog buggy. I am getting used to hearing laughter every time I go out on the bike (people here will DRIVE in their utes just one block for things!!).
An interesting visitor today was Greg, who is about to become an elder at a ceremony up in Wiluna. He is a very gentle sort of person and has some kind of senior standing here in the aboriginal community (he tried to explain it but it got all sort of rainbow serpenty and complicated). He said to let him know if any of the aboriginal mob give me any trouble and is putting the word out that the kids are to leave my place alone (they have a tendency to slingshot windows). Honey is doing a great job guarding the house; I let her bark her head off so people know there's someone here (they take guard dogs seriously in Meeka).
OK gotta do the rounds with a couple of "thank you" slabs of beer & get back in The Pool. Photos tonight. If I can get out of The Poooool
I have asked you around to my pool on many occasions and yet you never came! we miss you but we understand that you must be in a place where nobody really knows who you are.A young girl searching for the perfect Aussie bloke with a job and six pack(abs not beer) No wife(single?) handsome(stunning) rich(filthy rich) not to short(not to tall)a 4wheel drive(ute) no emotional baggage(and not a dickhead)
ReplyDeletegood luck on your quest.
Maybe your with the CIA I've heard the yanks are coming to Darwin!
Cheers Darls Lez