Friday, 4 November 2011

Flat Packs at 100 Paces

It's official. I love the Ikea 3D online kitchen planner more than anything. We sit glued to the laptop like sick sleepless addicts arguing over which flat packs to get.  "Faktum! It's obvious!"  "Abstrakt! ABSTRAKT!! Look at the high gloss white panelling!" I'm even using it to try out different bus layouts, underwear drawer organising, dog arranging.  Please send help.

During a gripping evening of looking at flooring options, Ian chose a bright (as in, blinding) orange vinyl shot through with charcoal streaks. "It'll hide the outback dirt perfectly!"  This was to be coupled with his preference for huge jet black wall panels in the kitchen. He is banned from any further interior design decisions.

Storms pound the area every afternoon & at night. We get up about 5 am to get things done before the heat & flies set in, snooze & read in the afternoon, then take the dogs out storm chasing before dinner & 3D kitchen fightin'. Ian often suffers from what I call Night Madness, moaning & thrashing. The other night he pulled the pillows out from under me and threw then across the room while moaning "Back in the sixties!" (We have no idea what this was about).

I finally went to sleep on the fold-out sofa where I lay wide eyed listening to Ian snoring & moaning in the bedroom on one side of the unit, and Atlas snoring & wooffling loudly on the other. At about three am I felt a large warm thing get into bed with me & settle down; I assumed it was Ian in my sleepy state & snuggled up with an arm over his shoulders but woke up with Atlas lying next to me, big boofhead on the pillow, snoring away. I wonder if either of them would notice if I put heavy sedatives in their dinners at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment