Well it's our second day in Geraldton where we are experiencing lashing rain, freezing temperatures in the mid 20's and lower intestinal collapse as a result of eating McDonald's, KFC and Chicken Treat in one horror fast food frenzy. After so many weeks of real (as in "found at the side of the road") food, I have to say I prefer McLizard.
Bracing myself this morning, I managed to get all our appliances, bed and reno stuff in one rampage, staying under budget and with only one or two impulse buy incidents ("Oh! Look at those cute matching laundry hampers that we don't need!"). Ian meanwhile looked after Car Stuff, ringing me occasionally to tell me about multitool attachments etc, I don't know why. Tomorrow I have to organise getting it all to Murchison Freight who will deliver it all to the storage shed in Meeka. I know you've all been dying to hear about this.
Anyway, the drive down was, as usual, Nullarboring, although we stopped at a scenic granite outcrop for breakfast and the Olde Tinne Cutouts of cows and dogs at Mullewa stirred our interest for about 3 seconds. The only real highlight, apart from getting to the caravan park & not driving anymore, was the town of Cue (about 150 km south of Meeka), which is a cute as a button and also does not have bored locals smashing every window in sight. Dotted along the highway are dozens of old mining boom townsites, now abandoned and crumbling to dust. The entire countryside has at one time or another been dug up for gold mining, so you're never really sure if you're looking at natural features or just piles of old mining rubble.
The animals are living at Sunshine & Hazel's place in Meeka; all them are probably sleeping in young DJ's bed by now. The dogs are happily scrounging up the remains of the lizard pit. I am exhausted from having to choose shadecloth ("you want the 90% full stretch 175 kva UV rating with the enhanced weave-o-matic lining or the upgraded version of the old standard mid range 27 BTU?"). I will spare you any photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment