Tonight's blog comes to you from oh my god MY HOUSE oh my god I bought a house! I got the keys at sunset so we all went charging over & I nearly took the carport roof off with Waggin Trail (1 centimetre too high, damn!). Smokey loves it; Honey is looking at me as if to say "Can we go back to the other house where they have chicken treats?"
I'm sitting out on the concrete outdoor covered beer area. Standing in the back yard I can see the brilliant night sky - no city lights, just bazillions of stars. So, apart from being about 700 kilometres from the sea with monster road trains roaring by every five minutes, three pubs full of feral lonely miners practically next door, a bathroom bristling with enormous hostile cockroaches and what smells like a dead body in the bushes out front, it meets all my criteria for the perfect dream home.
I have my work cut out for me - the air conditioners are pre-1900's, the floors appear to have been carpeted with beef jerky sometime in the 1970's, someone experimented with vinyl layering in the kitchen after a big night at the pub and then attacked it with knives, the bathroom tiling was done in anger, and some sort of pet (goats?) has gnawed randomly on the edges of the cupboards. But the "gals" are coming over on the weekend to give me hand cleaning up and hey, I have beer fridges and a pool, so that's all that really matters. I wonder what the council bylaws say about camels?
No comments:
Post a Comment